NoHCL0 ABD support
If you are told by support that your Xen environment cannot support the Quadric Software ABD due to a bug in your XenServer release, please apply these steps to deploy a specialized version of the ABD that has no console (no "HC0").
- Download the special ABD template from http://www.quadricsoftware.com/download/a2/agent_nohc0_a2_61.dat.gz
- Open a SCP (e.g. WinSCP) session to your A2, logging as "alike"
- Navigate to /home/alike/Alike/ext
- copy the .gz file downloaded above to this area
- Log into your A2 console (via SSH or console) and use option 4 to drop to shell
- cd /home/alike/Alike/ext
- mv 12.1.7620.dat OLDIMAGE.old
- gunzip agent_nohc0_a2_61.dat.gz
- mv agent_nohc0_a2_61.dat 12.1.7620.dat
Next, redeploy your ABDs and retest with ABD diagnostic jobs.