Excluding drives in Q-Hybrid
Problem: You need to exclude one or more drives (volume) from a Q-Hybrid backup job
Solution: Add the drives to exclude to the exclusions.conf file on the target system
To configure drive letter exclusions for Q-Hybrid backup jobs, simply create a file called "exclusions.conf" and place it in the "bin" folder of your QSBAgent installation path on the target system. The exclusions.conf file allows you to specify drive letters that you want to exclude from backup operations.
The typical path to the exclusions.conf file is:
As an example, to backup only the C:\ on a system with a C:\, D:\, and E:\, the contents of the file would be:
Step 1: Locate the QSBAgent Installation Path
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows key + E.
- Navigate to the typical installation path for QSBAgent, which is usually "C:\Program Files\QSBAgent".
Step 2: Create the exclusions.conf File
- In the QSBAgent installation path, locate the "bin" folder.
- Right-click on the "bin" folder and select "New" > "Text Document" from the context menu.
- Rename the text document to "exclusions.conf" and press Enter to confirm the name change. If prompted with a warning about changing file extensions, click "Yes" to proceed.
Step 3: Edit the exclusions.conf File
- Right-click on the "exclusions.conf" file and select "Open with" > "Notepad" from the context menu.
- In Notepad, enter the drive letters that you want to exclude from backup jobs. Each drive letter should be separated by a comma (without spaces). Example: To exclude drives D:\ and E:\, the contents of the file should be: D,E
- Save the file by clicking "File" > "Save" or pressing Ctrl + S.
The exclusions.conf file is read on each job, so your changes will be re-read on the next backup.